Childhood Sexual Abuse Survivor
Very few things in life seem to be more devastating than to be sexually abused as a child. The scars that are inflicted seem to have the ability to hold you powerless for a lifetime unless you find a way to empower yourself and gain your life back, in spite of the tragedy.
I know it takes a great amount of courage to make the decision to seek healing from your childhood sexual abuse experience. So, let me first congratulate you on even taking the step to read a bit more on that possibility!
Why you should seek help and healing:
- Because you think you are alone.
Yet, other women have walked a similar road and are now living free from the impact of the abuse. So can you.
- Because you feel confused about some of your thoughts and
Yet, other women have found that they were eventually able to work through them. So can you.
- Because you minimized what happened.
Yet, other women realized that it did matter and it was a big deal. So can you.
- Because you are not taking care of yourself.
Yet, other women learned that taking care of self is about self-care, not selfishness. So can you.
- Because shame and embarrassment has paralyzed you from living in freedom.
Yet, other women discovered that they were not responsible for someone else’s wrong behavior. So can you.
- Because you do not believe in yourself.
Yet, other women have learned how to love themselves, 100%. So can you.
- Because you are choosing unhealthy coping skills during the tough times.
Yet, other women acknowledged that numbing themselves with alcohol, drugs, self-harm, or promiscuity does not benefit in the long run. So can you.
- Because you are letting a “secret” tell you there is no safe place to talk.
Yet, other women risked the fear of rejection and misunderstanding and found a safe place to talk. So can you.
- Because you tend to give up.
Yet, other women discovered they are valuable and deserve to live out their hopes and dreams. So can you.
- Because you feel like God has abandoned you.
Yet, other women have been touched by His grace and love. So can you.